A freezing cold shower isn’t the most welcoming sight first thing in the morning. But, if somebody told you that stepping into what is essentially an ice cave could be the key to glowing skin, glossy hair, boosted energy and even an improved immune system, you might see it differently.
A big benefit of having ice cold water pelted at your face is that it’s surprisingly good for your skin. Heat strips away the natural oils your skin produces, leaving it dry. That’s why our skin hates us during winter time when our radiators are on full-blast.
From day one, I noticed a difference to my skin. It felt tighter and my pores were smaller. If you live or work in a place with high levels of pollution, throwing some cold water on your face can be really beneficial. It stops the pollutants in the air absorbing into your skin so quickly.
Washing your hair with warm water is great. It opens up the hair follicles and helps the shampoo and conditioner give an even deeper cleanse. If you finish your hair wash off with a blast of cold water, it locks in the moisture by constricting the hair follicles.
Cold showers and ice baths are very popular amongst sportsmen and women. They’re a great (albeit cold) way to aid recovery, especially if you’re training for a marathon or a sporting event which calls for more regular and structured exercise.
12 BENEFITS OF COLD SHOWERS
We can all agree that motor vehicle accidents (MVA’s) are scary and you are often left with a mile long to-do list to get yourself back on the road soon after. We realize that it is important to get yourself back on the road soon after but we also want you to think about how incredibly important it is to pay attention to your own body’s needs following a MVA. According to Yale University, it only takes 8.2 mph to cause lasting damage to your musculoskeletal system following a motor vehicle accident, in everyday terms… a fender bender with little to no damage to your vehicle could cause lasting damage to your body! A chiropractic visit to Lifetime Health and Wellness should be at the very top of your to-do list following an MVA for this very reason, more specifically within the first 72 hours following an MVA.
1. Whiplash is not always obvious: While broken bones and bruises are easy to spot, whiplash is not always apparent in the immediate aftermath of an accident. If you are involved in an accident, your adrenaline levels will spike, which could disguise symptoms of pain and inflammation until your body calms down. It may take a few days for obvious whiplash symptoms like neck pain/stiffness, headaches, blurred vision, and dizziness to occur. Dr Schening and Dr Moore use techniques such as spinal adjustment and special exercises to control damage, minimize pain, and reduce swelling. By seeing this specialist immediately after an accident, you can avoid weeks of pain and discomfort and start the recovery process right away.
2. Acute Injuries lead to Chronic Injuries if not treated: Ignoring the pain associated with a car accident could lead to long-term damage. Symptoms of whiplash can continue for years if you do not seek treatment, and this chronic condition can lead to emotional anguish to match the physical pain. Another example is if you suffer a minor injury to a joint or bone, you could cause substantial damage in another accident such as a trip and fall incident because your body is in a weakened state already. This weakened state can also lead to early degeneration, especially in weight-bearing joints such as ankles, knees, hips, and the many joints within the spinal column. Seeking chiropractic treatment immediately after a car accident can boost your chances of a full and speedy recovery.
3. Proof for an insurance claim: Although filing a claim is most likely one of the last things you will be thinking about in the immediate aftermath of a car accident, the reality is you may find yourself making one in the short weeks after. Unfortunately, the longer you wait to receive a diagnosis and treatment for your injuries, the harder it is to prove that the injuries stem from the motor vehicle accident. If you visit a chiropractor for treatment relating to the injuries sustained in your accident, it is easier to link those injuries to the incident in the claim.
Seeing a chiropractor within 72 hours following a motor vehicle accident is incredibly important for diagnosing and treating possible musculoskeletal injuries such as whiplash. Chiropractors are trained and educated in diagnosing these acute injuries and can offer relief of pain and symptoms in addition to saving their patients lots of pain and discomfort in the future. Chiropractic care is also beneficial for proving injury by diagnosis and treatment early after the car accident occurs which can help with future insurance claims. Remember, just because your car is not seriously damaged does not mean your body is not injured, it only takes 8 mph to cause damage to your body!
One of the reasons for the continued rise and growth of chiropractic care in the medical field is due to the wide array of benefits
that can be derived from it. Plus, many recommend this particular treatment method due to the non-invasive approach and its
insistence on awakening the body’s natural ability to heal.
Common Chiropractic Benefits
Dysfunction in your muscoskeletal system does not exclude anyone. Therefore, anyone will benefit from the healing ability of
chiropractic care to provide relief from any form of discomfort that one undergoes when they have misaligned spine, back, or
neck. But for individuals who are required to remain active, the presence of such dysfunction disables them from performing well
and limit their motor capacity. This is due to the fact that any form of movement on the traumatized area of the body can result
to pain or discomfort.
Regardless of the cause of your initial discomfort, among the benefits you can enjoy are as follows:
• Improved circulation
• Reduction or elimination of lactic acid
• Smoother travel of oxygen and nutrients in the body
• More flexibility
• Elimination of any pain or soreness
• Faster recovery time
• Reduced muscle spasm
• Prevention of future injury
• More relaxed feeling
To enhance the results, you must try to develop a routine that incorporates the following physical activities:
• Keep your body properly hydrated.
• Follow a healthy nutritional plan.
• Do some stretching exercises or develop a healthy exercise routine.
Additional Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Several people have misconceptions about chiropractic care. One of them being that it is not a valid form of treatment and is
used only for mild cases of back pain, headaches, and the like. However, this form of treatment method offer adjustment benefits
even to those suffering from extreme cases of spinal or vertebral misalignment. But the benefits extend beyond muscoskeletal
and different people who suffer from these illnesses experience varying results as well:
• For pregnant women, they are able to deliver much easier.
• For babies, they have improved developmental abilities and prevent the possibility of acquiring scoliosis.
• For kids, it helps prevent asthma, ear infection, bedwetting, among other things.
• For adults, they are able to generate more energy and increase productivity.
• For senior individuals, they attain better balance and prevent injury caused by falling off.
Meanwhile, overall results and benefits reported from patients who’ve undergone chiropractic care includes the following:
• Boost in the functions of the immune and nervous system.
• Patients attain improved vitality.
• Breathing becomes easier.
• Better digestive function.
• Sharper vision.
• Improved overall health.
When Do Results Become Evident?
Following chiropractic treatment, your body will start to realign and relieve yourself from any pressure that is causing pain in
your joints. In mild cases, a patient will immediately experience relief soon after undergoing chiropractic care. Hence, this is one
of the advantages of opting for chiropractic care over surgical or medical procedures that often require a long recovery period.
In other cases, there might be a slight feeling of soreness or aching that can be felt with chiropractic treatment. The reason for
this is that your body has to readjust to the realignment done after being misaligned for a while.
However, it shouldn’t take long either before your body can regain its normal function and mobility.
“Professional golf player, Tiger Woods, received a procedure known as platelet-rich plasma injections. In this procedure, doctors draw blood, place it in a centrifuge to separate the blood’s plasma from red blood cells, and then injects it into the injured area. ”
“This process is said to speed up healing because it mimics how blood automatically swells around an injured site. In 2008, Woods could have elected for knee reconstruction surgery but chose regenerative therapy due to the shorter recovery time.”