Meet Our Team
Marissa Thoms, FNP-C
Marissa is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She originally attended Illinois State University where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. She then worked in the Intensive Care Unit setting as a registered nurse for 6.5 years. During her time in the critical care environment, she knew she wanted to expand her knowledge base in order to better serve her patients. She then completed her Master of Science degree in Nursing from Chamberlain College of Nursing. Throughout all of her medical experience and training, she has cared for patients through some of their most vulnerable moments, and she has found her true passion lies in helping people achieve their most optimal level of wellness. Marissa joined our team in September 2021 and is loving the integrative approach our office has to offer!
When Marissa is not with patients, she is spending time with her Husband, Joel, Daughter, Riley and adorable goldendoodle, Addie! She enjoys getting together with friends, playing tennis, and trying new foods!
Timothy Schening, D.C.
- 1993 graduated from Logan College of Chiropractic.
- Board-certified in chiropractic pediatrics and is board-eligible by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians.
- Specializes in whiplash and other accident injuries, as well as chiropractic care for athletes.
Dr. Schening believes that this new integrative approach is the future of healthcare. At Lifetime Health and Wellness, we offer the convenience of collaboration between chiropractors, medical doctors, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, athletic trainers as well as massage therapist. This allows us to collaborate and provide effective and high quality conservative care in a true Multi-disciplinary fashion with the patients needs in the forefront.
Timothy K. Moore, D.C.
Dr. Moore has a passion for helping each of his patients reach optimum health. His care and concern is demonstrated through his healing touch and his knowledge of Chiropractic techniques and nutrition. Dr. Moore also oversees the Lifetime Ideal Weight Loss program at our South Elgin Office.
- Attended Augustana College for his pre-Chiropractic studies
- Graduated from the National College of Chiropractic
- Bachelor of Science degree in human biology
- Doctor of Chiropractic degree
- In 1983, joined South Elgin Chiropractic Family Health & Wellness Center
- January 2009, South Elgin Chiropractic Family Health & Wellness Center became the Moore Health Chiropractic Wellness Center.
- April 2013, Dr. Moore joined Lifetime Health and Wellness.
When Dr. Moore is not helping patients or studying current trends in the Chiropractic field, he is spending time with his wife, Fatima, and his two sons, Kevin and Jordan. Dr. Moore also enjoys cycling and has competed in several triathlons.